Re: problem with ndis

From: Bill Paul <wpaul_at_FreeBSD.ORG>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:11:27 -0800 (PST)
> hi,
> i have similar problems here. same output in dmesg. but  no idea so far.
> i sent a mail to bill paul but havnt got feedback yet.
>
> seb

Your mail probably got lost in the mountain of spam I've been receiving
lately. (Thanks *SO* much Alfred.)

You people are complaining about something that isn't a bug. Do
wicontrol -i ndis0 -l and check the signal strength of your AP.
If it drops below 70db or 60db, you will have problems sustaining
the link, and the NIC may disassociate. It may take some time for
the card to associate again when the singal gets stronger.

If the AP is really close by, you should never lose link, but neither
of you have explained where your AP is or how far you were from it when
it happened.

The watchdog timeout happens because the NIC can't send a packet
because it's lost the link to the AP.

I can't control how strong the signal is at your NIC, so don't be
surprised if the link drops once in a while, and don't ask me to write
to code to make you walk closer to the antenna. :P

-Bill

-Bill Paul            (510) 749-2329 | Senior Engineer, Master of Unix-Fu
                 wpaul_at_windriver.com | Wind River Systems
              <adamw> you're just BEGGING to face the moose