Re: kernel could not find HP SureStore T20i.

From: Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy_at_siliconlandmark.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 04:35:00 -0500 (EST)
On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, [Windows-1251] ??????? ????? wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Kernel could not find the HP surestore T20i tape device on Tekram scsi
> controller, but other devices it finds on the same controller without
> any problems.

Is the device on a channel of it's own? Have you looked at your SCSI
bus' termination?

> Is this "normal"? Should I forget about using Surestore T20?

On an improperly terminated SCSI bus, it would be. If your cabling and
termination are correct, I would start to suspect driver bugs.

In the future, make sure you include the output of 'uname -a' in problem
reports as it details the OS version as well as the date that your kernel
was compiled.

Regards,
Andy