Re: ACPI-0438: *** Error: Looking up [\\_PR_.CPU0] in namespace, AE_NOT_FOUND

From: Martin Minkus <diskiller_at_diskiller.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:52:46 +1030
On 18/2/2004 5:02, "Doug White" <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Martin Minkus wrote:

>>> Have you upgraded your BIOS recently? This is probably a bug in the
>>> bytecode provided in the system BIOS.
>>
>> Nope.
>>
>> BIOS hasn't been updated in years...
>
> Might be worht updating if a newer one is available.

Okay, thanks. I'll try and see if there's another bios update, but I don't
think there is.

The board is an Epox Pentium II board, with two Pentium III-450's in it. I
had the latest bios update put on there at the time (which let it run
PIII-600's and up) and I don't think there's been any updates since.

I just find it strange that FreeBSD 4.x and 5.x have worked on this machine
flawlessly until only just very recently, so something has changed in
FreeBSD that has broken on my particular hardware...

BTW, I am just running it off an old working kernel from 5.2 that I saved,
works flawlessly. Even tho I got the latest base system (built world a few
hours ago) and the latest kernel still craps itself.

Thanks anyway,
Martin.