Re: pxeloader problem: BTX halted

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 10:56:06 +0200
On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 09:30:53AM -0500, John Baldwin wrote:
> On Thursday 19 February 2004 06:21 am, Ruslan Ermilov wrote:

> > > Try again with newer sources as I think ru_at_ has fixed a bug in his
> > > renaming of the asm files in the bootstrap.
> >
> > That wasn't a bug, just a small timeframe between repocopies
> > and necessary changes.  There was a bug in kgzldr though, where
> > I mistakenly cause the kgzldr.o to be stripped when installing
> > to /usr/lib.  This has been causing problems for release snapshots
> > where loader(8) is kgzipped.
>
> Well, the above report is a bug that needs to be fixed then. :(  *sigh*

Guys, I've verified that with my changes to sys/boot/ makefiles
I get the same binaries as before (modulo three byte difference
from the vers.c stuff) for both loader{.sym,.bin,} and pxeboot,
after doing some minor mods to current versions of makefiles so
that btxcrt.o and vers.o are linked in the same order as they
did before.  So should this issue exist (sorry, I cannot verify
the PXE booting at the moment), it must be elsewhere and doesn't
relate to my work in sys/boot/ makefiles.

Bjoern, I recall John was doing some work in libstand recently.
Can you see if reverting to the 2004/01/15 (GMT) version of
libstand cures your problem?

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov