Re: openldap server + kse = bewm

From: Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_vigrid.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 14:50:56 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Doug White wrote:

> On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Daniel Eischen wrote:
>
> > > no change in status.
> > >
> > > Here's the trace from gdb:
> >
> > This doesn't show much to me...
>
> As to the libc thing, I'm assuming its getting picked up as a dependency
> on something else.  I'll check the build to make sure it isn't getting
> requested explicitly.
>
> Since the libc pthread_mutex_lock() immediately calls the libpthread one,
> I assumed it was some sort of stub function.

Yes, but it shouldn't be calling the libc function if it is
linked in the correct order.  There are all sorts of symbols
that libpthread provides that should be resolved first
(cancellation points for instance).  If libc is being
linked to before libpthread, all bets are off for whether
the application behaves correctly.

--
Dan Eischen