Re: Testers wanted: reentrant resolver

From: Brian F. Feldman <green_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 21:02:13 -0500
Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_vigrid.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Brian F. Feldman wrote:
> > Ok, just had a "good idea".  Since h_errno belongs to the resolver, too, why
> > don't I just implement __h_errno() inside res_init.c and make the storage
> > come from the same place the per-thread struct _res {} storage comes from?
> > That should make you happy, and it makes me happy because it doesn't add an
> > "extra" failure point.
>
> That's exactly what I meant when I said:
>
> > > Ugh, can you put h_errno inside the per-thread res stuff.
>
> :-)

Hah, if you would have said "put it in struct res_per_thread {}, since
h_errno is defined by the resolver(3) API anyway" it would have saved a lot
of time.  Patch updated :)
<URL:http://green.homeunix.org/~green/reentrant_resolver.patch>
Could you take a look at my test program (that I put in src/tools/) to see
if I made any pthreading errors?

I'd also like someone else more familiar with -lthr's kernel side to take a
look at why that's crashing...

  <> green_at_FreeBSD.org                               \  The Power to Serve! \