Re: Testers wanted: reentrant resolver

From: Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_vigrid.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 18:28:11 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Brian F. Feldman wrote:

> Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_vigrid.com> wrote:
>
> > > Could you take a look at my test program (that I put in src/tools/) to see
> > > if I made any pthreading errors?
> >
> > Where in src/tools?
>
> It's in src/tools/regression/gaithrstress.

Yes, it looks fine to me.

One other thing about your patch, probably minor.  Since h_error
is only used for the main thread now, multithreaded applications
that haven't been recompiled will still be referencing it
instead of the new function.  This would seem to break the ABI,
right?  These older applications will pick up the wrong h_error.

--
Dan Eischen