Re: HEADSUP: Commits Planned for 64-bit time_t on sparc64

From: Ken Smith <kensmith_at_cse.Buffalo.EDU>
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:22:17 -0500
On Sun, Feb 22, 2004 at 10:12:04PM -0500, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

> Ken Smith is also helping out with some other background-work which
> will help users making this change.

Garance's procedure for doing a src upgrade has worked quite well for
us so far.  But just in case someone hoses a system and needs to
reload we built a snapshot miniinst ISO image that has the 64-bit
time_t modification already done.  That way you have something you
can load off of and not need to re-attempt the src upgrade.

It's on the FTP sites in the snapshots/sparc64 directory.  I'll build
a new one to replace this one after Garance makes the official commit.

--
						Ken Smith
- From there to here, from here to      |       kensmith_at_cse.buffalo.edu