Fritz!Card PCI ppp troubles

From: Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft_at_gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 11:20:51 +0100
I posted this a while ago on some other mailing list but got no response
- I promise this is my final attempt.

I'm using ifpi(4) with the configuration supplied in ppp.conf.isdn and
isdnd.rc in /usr/share/examples/ppp/. It's basically working fine but
there are some troubles.

Especially when the hard disk load is high (e.g. doing a massive
portupgrade), the connection drops out. Sometimes it recovers after some
time, sometimes only a reconnect helps

If I can see Queued packets in pppctl it's unrecoverable and only a
reconnect helps. There are still packets coming in but none going out
according to pppctl.

Sometimes only small packets like pings or irc work and all other
traffic is impossible. I've also tried running ethereal and saw a lot of
invalid packets. In this situation the connection gets normal again
after some time.

It's probably mainboard related since another user reported to me that
his problems have gone away since switching mainboard.

dmesg can be found here:
http://stud4.tuwien.ac.at/~e0125637/fbsd/dmesg