Re: sysctl hw.acpi.video.lcd0.active

From: Eric Anderson <anderson_at_centtech.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 17:25:02 -0600
Randy Bush wrote:
>>http://users.centtech.com/~anderson/acpi_vid-20031013.tar.gz
>

> this looks as if it supplies the sysctl.  as to whether it
> halps the sleepability of this t40p, i will have to see and
> report later.  thanks!

I know on my Dell D600, it works great, and I've set up some simple
scripts to handle the lid closing and such, and send my laptop to S1.

One thing I did notice, is that I had to use the XFree86-Server-snap
port in order for the lcd to turn off correctly without using any dpms
mode stuff.

Good luck!

Eric

Eric Anderson     Sr. Systems Administrator    Centaur Technology
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.