Re: Nontrivial brokeness with new threads.

From: Iasen Kostov <tbyte_at_OTEL.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:14:42 +0200
Doug White wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Feb 2004, David Gilbert wrote:
>

>>I've updated to the new threads and in the process remade every port
>>on the system.  The following don't play well together:
>>
>>xmms-esound and ndvidia-driver.
>>
>>It's odd too... because xmms doesn't include the shared libraries that
>>nvidia installs.
>>
>>... now I'm not positive that this has to do with threads, but the
>>installation and removal of nvidia-driver makes xmms not work or work.
>>

>See UPDATING and list discussion. KSE and the nvidia driver don't get
>along.

    Nope, they do work perfect for me (KSE, Nvidia and XMMS and even
UT2004Demo :)). I got system that is about 36h old build from the latest
current at that time and everything works fine after I recompile most ot
the ports that were using libpthread. There is a little problem with the
nvidia-driver because it does not have version set but it is trivial to
fix and I have sent a mail to maintainer for the issue.