TLS, Thread Local Storage..

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 17:06:22 -0800 (PST)
Now that the real threading libraries are in more common usage we need
to tackle TLS. The TLS spec is NOT part of posix, but people are
starting to write software that depends on it (e.g. nvidia)
and that is the real definition of our requirements.

The definative doc is at:
http://people.redhat.com/drepper/tls.pdf

We can handle the kernel  side pretty much already
(We've had our eye on this for  a while)
but it's the tools, linker etc that are going to be the problems..
The library parts are "understood".

This is basically a call to find out "who is interested?"

Some people have already indicated some interest but don't let that stop
them from piping up again now..
(people often are interested in something but time constraints
etc. change and...)