Re: sshd_config 1.35 commit

From: John Hay <jhay_at_icomtek.csir.co.za>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:02:42 +0200
On Thu, Feb 26, 2004 at 08:24:25AM +0200, John Hay wrote:

> > 	I have built world recently, only to find out I cant log into my
> > server via ssh anymore. Am I the only one that thinks disabling password
> > authentication in default sshd is a stupid idea? I think this is a pain in
> > the ass, like the 'no root login' option wasn't enough. A nice heads up or
> > entry in UPDATING would have been nice, so people don't get locked out after
> > updating.
>
> I agree with you, it has bitten me already too. :-((( My vote would be
> for backing it out.

Replying to myself, maybe it isn't so bad and an entry to UPDATING might
be enough. In my case I had to add an

PreferredAuthentications publickey,password

entry to .ssh/config a while back because otherwise I couldn't log in
to some older machines. It looks like adding keyboard-interactive at
the end of that line fix my problems.

John
--
John Hay -- John.Hay_at_icomtek.csir.co.za / jhay_at_FreeBSD.org