Re: /usr/ports/graphics/tiff build failure

From: Sascha Holzleiter <sascha_at_daemonground.de>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 02:40:00 +0100
On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 02:12, John Wilson wrote:
> I am attempting to build the tiff library, but am continually running into
> a problem.  After executing `make install` from /usr/ports/graphics/tiff,
> the build fails.  Included is the exact output of the process, as well as
> the 'config.log' as requested.

I have the same problem with a 28.2.(yesterday) -CURRENT.

Doing a make gives me this behaviour:

Configuring TIFF Software v3.6.1

If configure does the wrong thing, check the file config.log for
information that may help you understand what went wrong.

Reading site-wide parameters from ./config.site.
Do they really still make i386-unknown-freebsd5.2 systems?!
<HANGING>

To see where the problem is I did a sh -x configure:

+ test -z
+ test -z
+ [ -z  ]
+ test -f ./config.guess
+ sh ./config.guess
<HANGING>

Running the config.guess script alone shows no errors:

area51# sh config.guess
i386-unknown-freebsd5.2

Seems it only happens when called from configure, so I set the TARGET
variable in the configure script to the fixed string, config.guess is
returning, with this it runs a little further but also fails:

+ ISGCC=yes
+ [ -z  ]
+ rm -f dummy dummy.o
+ capture gcc -o dummy dummy.c
<HANGING>

Maybe these informations can help to track this down...

Regards,
  Sascha