Re: Mozilla Firefox and firebird problems after sat 022604 upgradeof FreeBSD-current

From: Aaron Peterson <aaron_at_alpete.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 18:55:52 -0500 (EST)
> On 29 Feb, Michael Clark wrote:
>> Don,
>>
>> 	I have reported both of these applications, and in fact everything on
>> my system with no success via the portupgrade command.  And originally
>> by doing make deinstall && make reinstall on the ports.
>> Should I be doing something different?
>
> I had previously rebuilt all my ports in response to the gettext and
> libpthread changes, so after the resolver change was committed I did a
> "portupgrade -a" to freshen all the ports that had been updated and
> "portupgrade -f" on mozilla and firefox.
>
> I can't think of anything else that you should need to do.
>
> A couple more possibilities come to mind.  Do you have an
> /etc/libmap.conf file, and if so, what does it contain?  Which scheduler
> are you using?  I don't have an /etc/libmap.conf file, and I'm using
> SCHED_ULE.

this is mine... if it helps.  I couldn't get mplayer to work, and someone
on the list suggested I make these additions to libmap.conf

wkstn% cat /etc/libmap.conf
libc_r.so.5             libpthread.so.1
libc_r.so               libpthread.so
libkse.so.1             libpthread.so.1
libkse.so               libpthread.so
wkstn% grep SCHED /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/WKSTN
options         SCHED_ULE               # ULE scheduler
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING # POSIX P1003_1B real-time
extensions
wkstn%