Re: Synaptics Touchpad xfree driver hack :)

From: Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy_at_siliconlandmark.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 21:50:59 -0500 (EST)
Hi,

I guess I'm a little confused as to why you don't just use moused
directly... I have two versions of the Synaptics touchpads and they both
"just work". The first is the built-in one that came with my Dell Latitude
C800 which interfaces via PS2 and the second is the serial version
("PC Concepts", SM-2000, P/N KKSM2000CS).

For the PS2 version, I use:
/usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/psaux -t auto

For the serial version, I use:
/usr/sbin/moused -p /dev/cuaa1 -t auto