Re: Synaptics Touchpad xfree driver hack :)

From: Marcin Dalecki <mdcki_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 16:05:10 +0100
Arne Schwabe wrote:
> Marcin Dalecki <mdcki_at_gmx.net> writes:
>

>>Arne Schwabe wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>
>>A long long time ago ... I solved this problem in a way
>>relying on the fine mouse support infrastructure found in
>>FreeBSD (aka mounsd). Hardware management and sharig it
>>IMHO something kernels are for. This way even the mouse
>>on console will still be available. Patch attached...
>>

> Hm that looks better then my code. But after my first it seems that it
> misses the support for a second looptrhough mouse and emulation of a
> mouse wheel. The first one should be not too difficult to support but
> the 2. one will be more tricky imo.
> I think I will look into it.

I would love to see it enhanced. Personally I did only as much as
was necessary for my pleasure. BTW> The main problem with enhancements to
this patch was the fact that the moused (where the complex operations should
go) talks a differential protocol with the kernel about positions. Which is
bull-shit on ballocks in first place of course...