Re: page fault panic tracked down (selwakeuppri())

From: Stefan Ehmann <shoesoft_at_gmx.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 17:51:26 +0100
On Sun, 2003-12-28 at 14:41, Stefan Ehmann wrote:
> Some weeks ago I posted about a panic in 5.2-BETA.
>
> After accessing a read-only ext2fs for some hours I got a "page fault"
> panic (or rarely a "getblk: size(7537385) > MAXBSIZE(65536)"). The
> backtrace was always somewhat different.

Since nobody has been able to reproduce this panic yet I did some more
testing today.

I wanted to find out if reading from the ext2fs was the sole cause for
the panic.

To cause the same kind of load I played music files from the ext2
partition in random mode on a different pc over network. No panic (~6
hrs up) yet.

Maybe there's a race if writing to dsp and reading from the ext2fs.

dsp as sole cause is also unlikely because I've been listening for
longer times from cdrom/ufs2 without panics.