Re: ATI Radeon 9700 Pro DRM/DRI?

From: Ryan Sommers <ryans_at_gamersimpact.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2004 21:49:08 -0600
> Argh. So, what's the last ATI card that has open-source 3d support? I'm
> going to be looking for a new system soon, and it sounds like nvidia is
> going to be my only option.
>
> Doug

Nvidia isn't necessarily a better option. I don't know if it's changed,
however, at a time the NVidia driver had rolled it's own TLS solution
which later conflicted with libkse. I don't know if that is still an
issue or not.

I'll also add that my Radeon Mobility 9000 seems to be working with DRM.
My log states DRM is enabled anyway and mplayer seems to be ok with it.
:)

--
Ryan "leadZERO" Sommers
Gamer's Impact President