Re: 5.1-CURRENT kernel compile error

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 19:36:44 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 1 Jan 2004, Philip M. Gollucci wrote:

> vegeta# cd /usr/share/example/cvsup
> vegeta# cvsup -g -L2 standard-supfile

Did you check the standard-supfile before using it? You may have gotten
source that you didn't think you did. In general you should copy this to a
different location and edit it first to make sure you get the right thing.

> if_em.o: In function `em_process_receive_interrupts':
> if_em.o(.text+0x47f5): undefined reference to `vlan_tag_alloc'

I think you have the wrong source.  There is no vlan_tag_alloc in that
entire file, or in the entire kernel (if fxr.watson.org is to be
believed).  Check standard-supfile, delete your compile directory, and try
updating again.