Re: Serial console only works after reboot?

From: Bruce Evans <bde_at_zeta.org.au>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 07:32:10 +1100 (EST)
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, David O'Brien wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 05, 2004 at 10:34:04PM +1100, Bruce Evans wrote:
> > A feature could be left out to make room.  (The boot0 that I use has a
> > completely different feature set.)
>
> What's the feature set of yours?

It prints the partition table in a fairly raw mode, and has its own
idea of the default boot partition, and is missing the negative feature
of writing to the partition table to set the active partition (some
OS's may need this but most don't.  I just set the active flag in the
Win/DOS partition, if any, and boot other partitions using the default
or manually).   boot0 is mostly better, but I don't need it yet.

Bruce