Re: FreeBSD Crashes with AMD

From: Andre Guibert de Bruet <andy_at_siliconlandmark.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 18:03:57 -0500 (EST)
On Mon, 5 Jan 2004, Evren Yurtesen wrote:

> My proxy server is crashing with random intervals. I wonder if it is
> possible to debug this? What is the procedure? Is there a web page
> explaining how I can extract enough information about this problem that
> a developer can look into it?
>
> dmesg and few errors are below...

Read
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug.html

Send the output of the commands on this page to the list:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/developers-handbook/kerneldebug-gdb.html

Random crashes are sometimes (More often that people like to admit) caused
by faulty memory.  Start by swapping all the memory in the machine with
known-good memory before attempting to track down bugs in the kernel.

Regards,