Re: Strange X freezes, system otherwise responsive

From: Christopher Nehren <apeiron_at_comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 10:49:33 -0500
On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 22:03:45 EST, Andre Guibert de Bruet scribbled these curious markings:

> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Christopher Nehren wrote:
>
> Are you using libkse by any chance? There have been problems reported with
> the official nvidia drivers and kse over the use of the %gs register.

No libkse here.

> Do you actively use OpenGL? Would you mind trying the nv driver and see if
> this problem persists?

I don't actively use OpenGL, though I do use things that the accelerated
nvidia driver performs better with than the nv driver (mplayer,
switching virtual desktops in Enlightenment, general use of E with all
of the fancy settings turned to maximum). I'll try the nv driver and
report on whether it has the same problem.

pejorative meaning "stupid and unsophisticated".  -- Ken Thompson