IPDIVERT IPFIREWALL

From: C. Kukulies <kuku_at_www.kukulies.org>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 18:35:34 +0100 (CET)
Just a question: Are IPDIVERT and IPFIREWALL still valid options to enable
NAT and firewall in the kernel or have they been deprecated.

Just built a kernel with these options and it always gives
permission denied when I want to ping to some address.

Could someone give me a short advice which way to go with the following
configuration:

Internet--------DSL--------FreeBSD gateway------Wlan ((((((((( 192.168.254.x
                           pppoe with -nat option

                             LAN 192.168.0.x

                         other machines that want to
                         use e.g. port 16967-16969 (squidcam)

I have no firewall active at present. NAT to the WLAN works fine.
But when I want to do also NAT to the LAN, I wonder what the way to go would be
best?

Run natd? Do it just by rc.firewall?

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_physik.rwth-aachen.de