Re: FreeBSD Crashes with AMD

From: Peter Jeremy <peterjeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:40:14 +1100
On Thu, Jan 08, 2004 at 02:09:10PM +1030, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
>> I don't recall offhand if their BIOS currently posts ECC vs non ECC as
>> part of their POST or not, but the presumed support is in there, or
>> their docs and specs are completely wrong ;-)
>
>Heh :)
>That's the thing about ECC, it's hard to test unless you have a known faulty
>memory module lying around :(

If you have a spare known-good ECC DIMM, you can convert it to a known-
faulty DIMM by cutting a single I/O lead on one of the RAM chips.  If
you pick a chip where you can read the part number, you should be able
to download a datasheet (including pinouts) from the chip manufacturer.
You might also be able to cut an I/O track on the DIMM itself.

Peter