Re: Call for testers - dc ethernet driver patch

From: ANISH MISTRY <mistry.7_at_osu.edu>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 11:05:29 -0500
> On 2004-01-07 11:32:23 (-0800), Don Lewis <truckman_at_FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> > The dc driver has been broken ever since it was converted to use busdma.
> > The symptoms are that it reports spurious output errors and collisions,
> > even when running in full-duplex mode.  I believe the patch below fixes
> > the problem, but I do not have the appropriate hardware to test it.  I
> > have had one gotten one report so far from someone who claims this patch
> > fixed the problems he was seeing.  I'd appreciate further testing of
> > this patch, especially with as many of the chipsets supported by the
> > driver as possible so that I can commit this patch.  Please mention the
> > type of hardware you are using (machine architecture and card probe
> > message) in your reports. This is somewhat time critical because I've
> > had users express interest in getting this into 5.2.

CPU: Pentium/P55C (199.31-MHz 586-class CPU)
  Origin = "GenuineIntel"  Id = 0x544  Stepping = 4
  Features=0x8001bf<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,MCE,CX8,MMX>
dc0: <LC82C115 PNIC II 10/100BaseTX> port 0x7c00-0x7cff mem
0xffafbf00-0xffafbfff irq 9 at device 8.0 on pci0

The patch seems to work fine on my system, never had and collision problems
before, so no regression.

--
Anish Mistry