5.2 RC2 DHCP/resolv.conf install problem

From: Scott Lambert <lambert_at_lambertfam.org>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:46:17 -0500
I've had this happen a couple of times over the past mumble months.  But
I don't install 5.x often enough and thought I was just seeing a fluke
in the way my system installed.  Seeing it for third time is just too
many flukes.

Last night I installed 5.2 RC2 on my shiny new Compaq Presario 2195US.
When it rebooted the first time, DHCP gave me my IP address and default
route but resolv.conf did not exist.  To fix, I touched /etc/resolv.conf
and restarted dhclient.

My DHCP server is a Linksys WAP/Router/4-port switch, but I don't think
the DHCP server is material to the issue.

lambert_at_lambertfam.org