USB mass storage device problems ...

From: Andrew P. Lentvorski, Jr. <bsder_at_allcaps.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 04:43:38 -0800 (PST)
I just cvsupped on the RELENG_5_2 tag and updated my system.  I'm trying
to get a PNY Attache 512MB USB key to work.  Instead I'm getting:

umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: BBB bulk-in clear stall failed, TIMEOUT
umass0: BBB bulk-out clear stall failed, TIMEOUT

This same USB key works great in a stock RedHat 9.0 Linux install.  It
plugs in, recognizes, and even mounts as a VFAT partition.

Any suggestions as to what might be going wrong, how I can fix it, or, at
least, the flags I can set to give the most useful debugging feedback.

Also, if the solution is to get a different 512MB USB key, I'll take that
advice too.

Thanks,
-a