Re: APIC problem(?)

From: Attila Nagy <bra_at_fsn.hu>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 22:02:20 +0100
Doug White wrote:
>>I'm sorry, here is the attachment.
> Your dmesg looks fine; the root filesystem was found.  Can we get the
> exact sequence of messages leading up to the error?
"I attach the dmesg with 5.2 and one CPU. If it help, I can attach the
dmesg with 5.1 and 2 CPU."

I have two Fujitsu-Siemens F250 machines here and can reproduce this
also, even with 5-CURRENT.

My original mail is here:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=freebsd-current&m=107185833102432&w=2
(there are some boot -v outputs there)

John Baldwin told me it could help to send a show intrcnt from the
debugger when the machine freezes.

With ACPI:
ata1-master: WARNING - SETFEATURES recovered from missing interrupt
acd0: WARNING - MODE_SENSE_BIG recovered from missing interrupt
ata1: resetting devices ..
NMI ISA 30, EISA ff
NMI ... going to debugger
kernel: type 19 trap, code=0
Stopped at      acpi_cpu_c1+0x5:        popl    %ebp
db>
db> show intrcnt
irq13: npx0             1
irq0: clk               17491

Without ACPI:
ata1-master: WARNING - SETFEATURES recovered from missing interrupt
acd0: WARNING - MODE_SENSE_BIG recovered from missing interrupt
ata1: resetting devices ..
NMI ISA 30, EISA ff
NMI ... going to debugger
kernel: type 19 trap, code=0
Stopped at      cpu_idle_default+0x5:   popl    %ebp
db> show intrcnt
irq0: clk               4189

--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy_at_fsn.hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)           phone _at_work: +361 210 1415/127