Re: can't exec /usr/libexec/getty for /dev/ttyv1

From: Doug Barton <DougB_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 15:19:28 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004, Craig Rodrigues wrote:

> Hmm, very strange.  It looks like mergemaster borked my files in
> /etc/rc.d (i.e. I did not have any files in this directory after
> running the mergemaster).

mergemaster never borks anything unless you tell it to. :) That said,
there was a window of a couple days when a patch I did recently to
prompt a user to remove _stale_ files in /etc/rc.d/ could give false
positives, and therefore recommend that you remove files that should
stay around. Make sure you've updated to the latest sources, the bug has
been fixed for a while now.

Doug