audio cd problems

From: Evan Dower <evantd_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:57:03 -0800
For quite some time, I've had audio cd related issues with recent
-current's. First, upon inserting an audio cd, it usually takes a long time
to be recognized. That is, audio cd players will deny that there is a cd in
the drive for 10-15 minutes, before finally being able to play it. Also, cd
ripping ports (both cdda2wav and cdparanoia) haven't been working. I was
recently able to get cdparanoia working for a little while, but now it
doesn't work again. I upgrade ports once or twice a day, and install
-current world around once a week. If there is something I can do to fix the
problem (perhaps there is some sort of configuration issue) I'd love to hear
it. On the other hand, if it seems to be something in the code, I'd be more
that happy to provide as much info as possible. My cd drive is recognized as
follows:
acd0: CDRW <TDK CDRW161040X> at ata1-master PIO4

Thanks very much,
--
Evan Dower
Undergraduate, Computer Science

Find out everything you need to know about Las Vegas here for that getaway.
http://special.msn.com/msnbc/vivalasvegas.armx