Release USB WLAN driver version 0.2 - testers wanted

From: Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN] <Danovitsch_at_Vitsch.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:13:06 +0100
Hi,

Some time ago I released the first public version of my "atuwi" driver (for
Atmel usb wireless adapters). Since then I have made a lot of changes to the
code and today it's time to release the next version...

Version 0.2 features :
* A nice step-by-step guide to installing and using the driver.
* Support for both RFMD and Intersil radio parts.
* Support for Ad-hoc networks.
* Support for Infrastructure mode (currently in infrastructure mode only 'open
system' authentication is implemented).
* Setting the channel / SSID / WEP mode / WEP key / mac-addr via ifconfig.
* Automatic scanning and associating with a wireless network.
* BPF support for both DLT_EN10MB and DLT_IEEE802_11.

* Improving the speed by issuing multiple transfers at the same time.
* Decreasing processing overhead with what I would like to call "Lazy transmit
net-isr scheduling".

If you happen to have a USB WLAN adapter or if you're just interrested in my
usb-improvements, feel free have a look at the driver :

http://vitsch.net/bsd/atuwi/

I'd be happy to hear any possitive / negative feedback.

grtz,
Daan