Re: Status reports - why not regularly?

From: Matteo Riondato <rionda_at_gufi.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 13:53:10 +0100
Il Mar, 2004-01-13 alle 12:44, Dag-Erling Smørgrav ha scritto:
> Antal Rutz <arutz_at_mimoza.pantel.net> writes:
> > I just read the status report of the year 2003 from DragonFlyBSD.
> > I ask (not only) myself why don't we have something like this monthly or
> > bi-monthly.
>
>  2) have somebody keep track of everything that happens and write it
>     down.  Nobody has volunteered so far (though bmah_at_ does it to some
>     extent with the release notes)

Just to give my own opinion:
For normal -CURRENT user who haven't a real in-depth knowledge of the
system, is not easy to understand what every single commit message
means, especially those in regard to difficul topics such as VM
development or network device drivers development. That's probably why
nobody has volunteered to write a Status Report. It (the Status Report)
should be a work both of users _and_ developers.
These are my 0.2 euro
Best Regards
--
Rionda aka Matteo Riondato