Re: Signal 6's with ruby apps such as portupgrade and pkg

From: Edwin Culp <edwinlculp_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 08:09:19 -0800 (PST)
--- Tuc <tuc_at_ttsg.com> wrote:

> 	I renamed it, tried, and it didn't work. I went to
> look, and
> there was a pkgdb.db from 4 days ago there?! So I
> deleted it, and now it
> seems to work!
Tux,

mine is now working thanks to a lot suggestions from
folks here and on the questions list that have had
similar problems.

The two significant things that I've done are to link
malloc.conf to aj

ln -s aj /etc/malloc.conf

and then a day later I did

pkgdb -fu

I'm now happily running portupgrade -Rruiap with no
problems.

good luck,

ed