Re: Signal 6's with ruby apps such as portupgrade and pkg

From: Edwin Culp <edwinlculp_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:26:57 -0800 (PST)
--- Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2004, Edwin Culp wrote:
>
> > > 	I renamed it, tried, and it didn't work. I went
> > > look, and
> > > there was a pkgdb.db from 4 days ago there?! So
> > > deleted it, and now it
> > > seems to work!
> > Tux,
> >
> > mine is now working thanks to a lot suggestions
> from
> > folks here and on the questions list that have had
> > similar problems.
> >

> Something else you might be tripping over is a
> change to the statfs system
> call prior to 5.2. This is particularly important if
> you haven't been
> following -current.  You need to rebuild anything
> using statfs or you'll
> have wierd failures.  In your case it apears to be a
> corrupted db but if
> you're having other wierd problems, try rebuilding
> the affected apps.

Thanks, Doug.  I now have the system working with no
problems and everything that should have been working
from boot working.  I just have to reboot and see if
rc, syslogd, etc. work as before.  They didn't on the
last reboot.  Probably because everything was giving
me signal 6, 10, 11, etc.  Hopefully everything will
just work :-)

Thanks again for your help and suggestions.

ed