Re: Question on quieting kernel boot

From: Rob MacGregor <rob_macgregor_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:17:40 +0000
>From: des_at_des.no (Dag-Erling Smørgrav)
>
>judging from the source code, it causes any attempt to write to or
>read from the console to silently discard all data.
>
>note that console != ttyv0, so you'll still get a login prompt.

Thanks.

Looks like both options are extremes of what I'm after.  I'm really looking
for a quiet option, to cut out the cruft.  However, as there is a verbose
boot option that might give me a starting point for a quieter boot option.

--
Rob  |  What part of "no" was it you didn't understand?

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger