Re: 5.2-CURRENT panic on startup after cvsup: probably recent ATA

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:10:55 -0800
> From: Randy Bush <randy_at_psg.com>
> Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 06:53:42 -0800
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> >> The ata-all.c update posted to CVS works perfectly.
> > kernel and world build, install, and boot.  even with
> > cdrom installed.  have not yet tested if it will resume.
>
> simple, first cuppa, test shows the thinkpad t40p now suspends and
> resumes.  YES!
>
> thank you, soren.

Yes, thanks! My T30 now recovers from a suspend. Still lose my USB and
I've seen reports that Bluetooth will also fail, but things are getting
pretty good! The only ACPI issues I still see are the USB failure on
resume and the backlight staying on when I am suspended.

Even if I turn the backlight off when I suspend, it runs back on when
the disk spins down (after the hw.acpi.sleep_delay). It acts like ACPI
is turning the backlight on instead of off!

Thanks again, Søren!
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)