Re: acpi S4 resume partition

From: toxa <postfix_at_sendmail.ru>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 03:51:26 +0300

> You might have to wait a while for it to finish resuming.  My dell laptop
> takes about 50 seconds to a minute to fully come back after an S3 resume.
It
> seems to be hung during that minute as the disk doesn't do anything, but
it
> does eventually come back if I wait long enough.

No, my vaio laptop is not. led coming back, and so's dvd-drive but console
not responsing, network is down, and hardware reboot required.
Honestly, I can't see any practice in killing X (with all my windows),
kldunloading everything, suspending, and waiting for about 1-2 mins to
wakeup :-))
so shutdown -h now is my destiny for next years :)