ERROR: Unable to write data to disk idad1

From: Didier Wiroth <didier.wiroth_at_mcesr.etat.lu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:08:26 +0100
Hi,
(URGENT)
I run freebsd 5.2 on a compaq proliant ml 350 with raid smartarray 221 controller.

I'm running the system with two (hardware) virtual volumes (4 disks).

I tried to add a partition (with /stand/sysinstall) to idad1s1. This should become idad1s1f but when I try to "w"rite the changes to disk the following error appears:
"ERROR: Unable to write data to disk idad1!"
Unfortunately I'm not able to add any new partitions, why, what's wrong?

Is it possible that this problem is due because I have a swap partition on this disk? What can I do?

P.S I'm doing this over ssh network access, it would be nice if I could resolve this from distance.

Any ideas, hints or anything is welcome, because I need to resolve the problem very fast!

Many thx