Re: simplifying linux_emul_convpath()

From: Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy_at_optushome.com.au>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:27:52 +1100
On 14 Jan, Robert Watson wrote:
> ino_t probably does need to get bumped to 64-bit on FreeBSD at some point,
> because at some point we will have a local file system that can usefully
> represent more than 2 billion files.  I assume we didn't do the bump with
> UFS2 because of the potential disruption for applications, etc.

Note that last Friday, there was a posting in -hackers by someone who was
having problems with a filesystem containing >2^31 inodes.

My personal opinion is that having 2^31 files in a single filesystem is
probably a mistake but I'm sure someone will come up with a sane reason
for requiring it.

Peter