no devfs entries for NetBSD partitions

From: Walter Belgers <walter+freebsd_at_belgers.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 11:02:11 +0100
Hi,

I installed 5.2-RELEASE on a system which has a NetBSD disk in it as
well. Although disklabel shows 3 NetBSD partitions (ad2s4a, ad2s4b
(swap) and ad2s4e), no ad2s4* entries are created in /dev.

There is a /dev/ad2s4, which is mountable and correctly gives the NetBSD
root partition that is on ad2s4a. I see no way however of mounting the
NetBSD /usr partition on ad2s4e.

The same problem is described here:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2003-July/013323.html

I have 'solved' the problem by downgrading to 4.9-RELEASE as I see no
way of creating a working ad2s4e by hand. Disabling devfs is also
impossible.

Walter.
--
Walter Belgers         "Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus
walter_at_belgers.com       Latinis alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!"