Re: I can not boot my FreeBSD-5.2 partition, please help

From: Derek Ragona <derek_at_computinginnovations.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 05:35:28 -0600
Depending on your BIOS, you may be facing the 1024 cylinder limit, meaning
all bootable partitions have to be within 1024 cylinders.  Newer BIOS break
this barrier.  If this is your problem, one work around is an add-on ata
controller that will replace the system BIOS, Promise used to make some of
these cards.  Using one of these cards will allow you to see and use the
entire drive as well.

         -Derek