Re: gaim build problem, file descriptor issue

From: Thorsten Greiner <thorsten_at_tgreiner.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:19:29 +0100
* Randy Bush <randy_at_psg.com> [2004-01-16 23:01]:
> ===>  Configuring for gaim-0.75_1
> ./configure.lineno: 5: Bad file descriptor
> ./configure.lineno: 1171: Syntax error: EOF in backquote substitution
> ===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
>       Please report the problem to marcus_at_FreeBSD.org [maintainer] and attach
>       the "/usr/ports/net/gaim/work/gaim-0.75/config.log" including the output
>       of the failure of your make command. Also, it might be a good idea to
>       provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an
>       `ls /var/db/pkg`).
> *** Error code 1

FWIW, a simple fix seems to be to replace

#!/bin/sh

in the 'configure' script by

#!/usr/local/bin/bash

Of course you should have the bash port installed. This worked for
textproc/intltool and graphics/gimp-devel which failed with the same
symptoms before. The machine is running the new filedescriptor
allocation code.

Regards
        -Thorsten

This message is digitally signed. To verify its integrity, download a copy
of GnuPG for your operating system from http://www.gnupg.org .