Re: gaim build problem, file descriptor issue

From: Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH <allbery_at_ece.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:06:43 -0500
On Fri, 2004-01-16 at 17:57, Randy Bush wrote:
> > but if I chroot into /via (which is the root of the filesystem I
> > export to my diskless test box):
> (...)
> > and it succeeds.
> >
> > however, if on the test box (same filesystem, just over NFS):
> (...)
>
> shell/environment dependency?

I've had odd failures with $ENV set because it's pointing at a file
containing zsh-isms, for what it's worth.  This shows up readily:

2_at_pyanfar:9028 Z$ /bin/sh
Syntax error: Bad substitution
$

(Aside:  I consider this obnoxious, as "sh -x" reveals it's in a chunk
of code that only executes if $ZSH_VERSION is set; there are various
zsh- and bash-isms in there which are conditionalized for zsh and bash,
but when this change crept in it became impossible to conditionalize
that way without evaling single-quoted blocks.)

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery_at_kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery_at_ece.cmu.edu