kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled on a fresh SMP -CURRENT

From: Morten Rodal <morten_at_rodal.no>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 21:18:31 +0100
After getting home from a vacation I upgraded my -CURRENT computer
from a Nov 20th kernel to todays kernel.  After the new interrupt code
was commited I had to turn off ACPI support because of some vital
pieces are missing in the ACPI implementation in my BIOS (if I
recall correctly it was missing MADT table).

The attached crash is when I boot the kernel WITHOUT ACPI.  This was
captured with the serial debugger which generated a series of panics
(I aborted the output after a few of them since they were all exactly
like).

If I boot it with ACPI I get a interrupt storm to irq20 (which
coincidently is ACPI):

[slurp/100] ~> uptime && vmstat -i
 9:13pm  up 17 mins, 2 users, load averages: 0,61 0,61 0,48
interrupt                          total       rate
irq1: atkbd0                        2608          2
irq8: rtc                         133761        127
irq14: ata0                          881          0
irq15: ata1                           30          0
irq17: xl1                          8148          7
irq19: uhci0 ahc0                   3421          3
irq20: acpi0                    41951867      40106
irq0: clk                         104528         99
Total                           42205244      40349

I have attached mptable and acpidump output too.  Any clues?

--
Morten Rodal