Re: em0 watchdog reset (kern/60285)

From: Dan Strick <strick_at_covad.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 12:54:46 -0800 (PST)
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 19:29:12 +0100, Ben Stuyts wrote:

> I am trying to setup -current (just cvsupped) on a Gigabyte GA-8KNXP
> and I experience the same symptoms as mentioned in the PR in the
> subject: em0 keeps getting watchdog resets, and is unusable.
> (http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=kern%2F60285)
>
> It seems there is an acpi problem, which might be related. (pcib2:
> could not get PCI interrupt routing table for \\_SB_.PCI0.CSAB -
> AE_NOT_FOUND)

I have precisely the same problem (which is not surprising since I also
have precisely the same motherboard).  Unfortunately I also have an ATA
CD-writer and four ATA disk drives (two of them SATA).  If I boot with
ACPI disabled, the ethernet interface (em0) works but the SATA driver
breaks ("missing" interrupts).  This situation is most frustating since
both drivers seem to work ok in both release 4.9 and 5.1.

Let me know if you discover how to fix the ethernet problem without
disabling ACPI.  I would really like to be able to run release 5.2.

Dan Strick
strick_at_covad.net