Problems with startx on 5.2-RELEASE

From: Martin Brecher <listuser_at_mb-itconsulting.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 21:07:24 +0100
Hi, -

there have been reports about X11 freezing the entire system on 5.2.

I managed to get rid of these freezes by removing SMP and apic support
from my kernel. (Single CPU machine, of course.)

Although I suggested this procedure to some people on freebsd-questions,
nobody seemed to take notice of it; everyone solely blamed ACPI.

So I guess that the following confirmation may be of some interest for
those that don't have time to follow freebsd-questions.

Greetings and thanks for your great work,
- Martin