Re: Panic with snd_cmi and snd_emu10k1

From: Mathew Kanner <mat_at_cnd.mcgill.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 14:09:13 -0500
On Jan 20, Eirik Oeverby wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I think I just made a mistake, checking out and compiling a
> soon-after-release -CURRENT sourcetree .. With the result that both
> sounddrivers I try to load cause a panic. Since I'm on my workstation
> right now, I'm not able to do any kind of debugging, but I will see if
> the problem is reproducable on my laptop at home.
>
> In the meantime, has anyone else seen this, and is this a known problem?

	Last night I fixed a panic that only happens when you kldload
a sound driver after boot.  The panic was introduced only recently
(past few days).

> Any hints as to what I should do next (apart from rolling back to
> 5.2-RELEASE or waiting for the tree to fix itself)?

	Update to -current and if it panics again, send the message
and a traceback.  Without the panic message it's hard to even begin.

	--Mat

--
	If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy.
			- Don Knuth