Re: Timecounters and 5.2

From: alexis georges <floating_in_space__at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:25:08 -0500
could this have anythihng to do with it? i got it from the errata for 5.2

[MSG]
(9 Jan 2004) In some cases, ATA devices may behave erratically, particularly
SATA devices. Reported symptoms include command timeouts or missing
interrupts. These problems appear to be timing-dependent, making them rather
difficult to isolate. Workarounds include:

    *  Turn off ATA DMA using the ``safe mode'' option of the bootloader or
the hw.ata.ata_dma              sysctl variable.
    *  Use the host's BIOS setup options to put the ATA controller in its
``legacy mode'', if available.
    *  Disable ACPI, for example using the ``safe mode'' option of the
bootloader or using the hint.acpi.0.disabled kernel environment variable.
[/MSG]