RE: ACPI failure on 5.2 (Re: Timecounters and 5.2)

From: alexis georges <floating_in_space__at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:45:04 -0500
alright,
if i were to disable ACPI, so that I could use 5.2 normally, would it be
"bad"..i mean is it a big deal if ACPI isn't turned on? if it is not a
bigdeal, then i forget about the problem, as it is most likely a
compatibility problem (with new changes made to the ACPI driver), and start
using 53.2 and its new features..
thanks again